Makes 2 entrees, 4 servings each
1 24 oz container of cottage cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
½ c shredded Parmesan
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
1 8oz box manicotti (12-14 shells) uncooked
6 cups marinara (red) sauce
1. Mix cheeses, seasoning, and egg together. With fingers or spoon fill each shell.
2. Spread ½ c of sauce on bottom of each baking dish (if freezing-use a disposable 8x8 foil baking dish). Place 6-7 manicotti in each dish. Pour remaining 2 ½ cups sauce over each pan.
3. If freezing, wrap with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze.
4. If not freezing, skip to step 2 below.
To cook one entree:
1. Thaw in fridge or bake straight from freezer.
2. Oven at 350.
3. Remove plastic wrap and replace foil. If thawed, bake 45 minutes, if frozen 1 hour. Remove foil and continue to bake until noodles are tender.
All Day Long Slow Cooker Recipes
1 month ago